This week’s assignment is a short one, I just need to give an overview of how my project is going so far. As I said last week I just switched my project topic to focus on the work I did over the summer with the Historic Preservation Board. So, I spent this week going back over all my notes and spreadsheets from my internship in an attempt to make some more sense of my data and to better understand how I can use this in my project. I went over my spreadsheets and maps to familiarize myself with the minimal traditional houses and their locations.
I also have started to look over the digital tool that I will be using this semester. I’ll be honest, I’m struggling with this tool and how to use it. I have been reading through the instructions for using the tool and I’m sure that when I have read through it a couple of times it will make more sense, but as of now, I’m struggling to make sense of how to create a site. As far as I can tell I need to create a spread sheet with the data I want to include in the three panes that are part of the site. The three panes of the site are the map, timeline, and story pane. In each pane you can include different elements of the narrative that your site is trying to tell. I’m working through how to input my data into the spreadsheet that needs to be used for the creation of the site and I’m sure that as I tinker with it more that I will be able to figure it out and create a great site.
Overall this week has been somewhat frustrating as I am not tech savvy in the slightest, but I’m going to ask lots of questions and work through these difficulties, and hopefully by the end of the semester I will have a really interesting project to show for it. For now though, I’ll just think of Dory and keep on swimming…..